U.S. Marine Corps
Fighting Squadron 224
"VMF-224 Squadron Scrap Book 1946-1951"
After the WWII, VMF-224 was stationed at MCAS El Toro, California until June 7, 1948 when the squadron was moved to MCAS Chery Point. The squadron was outfitted with the improved F4U-5 which it flew until December 1949 when the first F2H-2 Banshees arrived. VMF-224 was redesignated as VMA-224 in 1951.
VMF-224 Scrap Book 1946-1948
VMF-224 Scrap Book 1948-1949